Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager in Maseru, Lesotho. Full job description and employment application form can be obtained by request from:
[email protected] subject: JD Request – Finance Manger
As Finance Manager for CRS/Lesotho, you will ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability and financial risk management while ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of the Country Program (CP) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You anticipate and manage financial management services needs and delivery challenges, and identify and implement improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize CP and partners’ exposure to financial risk.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage financial processes in accordance with policies and provide proactive service delivery, advice, and support to managers, staff, and subrecipients in relation to managing the whole project cycle (Design, Start-up, Implementation, Close-out), ensuring efficiency and compliance with CRS’ policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
- Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program/Project Managers in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities).
- Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
- Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position of leadership, preferably with an International NGO.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Significant staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
Interested candidates should submit CV and cover letter, no later than 18th February 2021 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject: FINANCE MANGER CRS LS. Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL DISQUALIFY YOUR APPLICATION
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.