About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic and efficient individual who will play a key role in ensuring the maintenance and integrity of accounting ledgers with a heavy focus on Accounts Payable and payments processes. to provide scheduling and administrative support to the Operations coordinator. This internship is for six months providing the incumbent the opportunity to see how the accounting function of an International NGO operates.
The finance intern will work with the rest of the finance team managing the day-to-day operations of the department in accordance with CIVICUS’ policies and procedures.
The role would suit a young individual at the beginning of their career, with strong digital/computer skills. The person will have a strong commitment to civil society and human rights, and understand the value of providing support in an office environment.
- Diploma in finance or accounting
- Part qualified accountant (Desirable)
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills
- Experience of using computerised accounting package (desirable)
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy: MS Office applications and the internet
For this recruitment, CIVICUS greatly encourages applications from suitable candidates in the Global South and the African continent in particular.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to apply
How to Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on the 04th March 2021. Interested candidates should email their application to [email protected]
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications and a full employment history if aplicable
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of the 08th – 12th March 2021 schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.