About the Role
The Finance and Grants Officer will be working with the finance team ensuring robust financial controls and efficient processes are in place to support the deliverance of the CIVICUS strategy. The role will be responsible for supporting the processing of all payments and transfers in an accurate and timely manner and ensuring financial information is recorded, funds allocated and reconciled in accordance with CIVICUS’ policies and donor requirements. The finance and Grants officer will work closely with the Senior Assistant Accountant to improve the quality of our grant management and reporting, by ensuring that internal information on all our projects is up to date and accurate, enabling the provision of timely information to donors.
- Degree in Accounting/Qualified AAT
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a financial accounting environment with at least two years working in a Not for Profit organisation.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience of managing subgrants and reviewing subgrantee financial reports
- Strong accounting skills and experience including management of general ledger, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Sound analytical and technical skills in financial accounting and grant management
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on the 30th of September 2020. Interested candidates should email their application to [email protected]
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the 5th of October 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to the high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.