The Finance and Administration Manager promotes best practices in financial, human resource and administrative management of The Cooperative in order to maximise efficiency and growth. Furthermore s/he is responsible for preparing financial statements for audit purposes, budget performance and the development of procurement policies,
accounting manuals, as well as the upkeep of proper and up-to-date asset register.
The position is on a 2 year term contract renewable upon good performance.
A degree in Accounting, 5 years’ experience in banking environment, two of which must have been in senior management positions.
• Oversees the overall good maintenance of accounting records and systems
• Oversees compliance with organizational financial policy as well as statutory financial requirements
• Promotes efficient management of the Cooperative’s financial resources with a view to minimizing costs and maximizing profits.
• Prepares and maintains cooperative financial forecasts (cash flow statement, annual budget and monthly budget performance) and maintains high budgetary discipline.
• Takes lead in defining the Human Resource Strategy and policies in line with overall organizational strategy to ensure proper staffing of the Cooperative.
• Maintains and reviews from time to time all systems related to HR management in the organization (leave, payroll, staff benefits, staff loans, employee files).
• Maintains and reviews from time to time job descriptions for all positions in the organization.
• Maintains, implements and reviews from time to time performance management system and annual staff appraisal system.
• Maintains and reviews from time to time the Human Resource Policy for the organization.
• Maintains and supervises Cooperatives monthly reconciliation of suspense and control accounts
He/she will meet the deadlines at all times, and shall be prepared to work beyond normal offi ce hours and business days. He/she shall also be able to work independently and free from direct supervision.
He/she shall be answerable to The General Manager. He/she shall otherwise be expected to have direct working relations with other divisional and technical managers of the Cooperative.
Interested candidates for above this position should submit their application letters together with detailed CV’s, certified copies of academic qualifications and 3 references to;
The Human Resource Officer
Boliba Savings and Credit
Or emailed to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Friday 09 October 2020