“Rural Self-help Development Association(RSDA) invites applications for the position of Finance and Administration Manager. Detailed job description attached.”
JOB DESCRITION FOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Rural Self-help Development Association (RSDA) is a Non-government Organization (NGO) established in 1991. RSDA’s mission is to promote self-help and help small holder farmers to run their own affairs and improve their livelihoods. RSDA cooperates with and support farmers in the ten District of Lesotho. To achieve its mission RSDA partners with multi funding partners. To maintain trust with both farmers and funding partners, farmer participation, accountability, transparency and responsiveness are very important values for RSDA.
Responsible to the Managing Director for all financial management and day-to-day administration functions as well as provision of support services to RSDA. These will include:
- Setting up RSDA accounting systems and procedure in such a way that will be able to respond to RSDA and donor requirements.
- Ensure all RSDA financial operation are carried out according to plan of the organization and donor’s requirements and internal procedures are in accordance with the international accounting standard requirements – (GAAP IFRS) and within the Laws of Lesotho.
- Managing financial flows, disbursements and reconciliation of accounts.
- Preparation of annual budgets, and cash flow projections.
- Operation of strategic resource allocation methodology for both direct and indirect costs.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and financial statements consistent with RSDA and donor requirements.
- Prepare half-yearly and annual accounts for auditing purposes and ensures that timely auditing is undertaken.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts. Monitor use of funds by every project and advise team accordingly.
- Liaise with the Banks and any other institutions to ensure smooth running of the RSDA finances.
- Ensures proper investment of surplus funds for maximum returns.
- Administration and paying of the pay roll of RSDA staff.
- Prepares annual income tax returns.
- Supervise all support staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintenance of administrative policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of insurance contracts of organizational assets.
- Ensures the security and safeguarding of RSDA fixed assets by setting up internal control systems.
- Manages staff pension fund and advises the Managing Director on matters related to retirement, death and staff withdrawals.
- Manages finance and support staff training and performs their performance appraisal.
- A chartered accountant
- B comm Accounting, Business Administration, and/or a combination of relevant academic qualifications. with 5+ Years of experience grants management.
- Experience in PASTEL accounting software particularly chart of accounts for Non-Governmental Organization.
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and GAAP reporting.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Operation of the strategic resource allocation methodology for direct and indirect costs.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and Sesotho.
Applications addressed to Managing Director, should only be hand delivered at RSDA
Offices, situated at Rants’ala Street, Stadium Area, Opposite Coop College, Maseru.
Note: No email application submissions please!
Deadline for submission of applications is Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 16:30 pm.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.