Project Name: Expanding HIV Clinical Services
Position: Finance and Administration Director
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho
Reports to: Project Director
Classification : Full-time, fixed term contract
Note: This position is contingent upon grant award funding and candidate approval by the donor
Expanding HIV Clinical Services Activity in Lesotho (EHCS) is an anticipated three-year USAID-funded activity with the purpose of attaining HIV epidemic control and sustained reduction in HIV transmission, morbidity and mortality through saturation of HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services in the highland districts of Butha-Buthe and Mokhotlong
Finance and Administration Director is expected to be a strategic thought-partner and a hands-on and participative leader responsible for the financial and administrative business management of the project.
S/he will be responsible for the overall financial management of the project. S/he will oversee the effective and appropriate use of financial resources, and will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, tax compliance, in-house controlling, insurance, and audit-related activities of the project.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provide oversight of financial management and reporting for the project
- Advise the Project Director regularly on financial matters based on the financial position of the project
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial operations
- Supervise a team of administrative and finance staff and ensure their compliance and efficient support of operations
- Ensure compliance with all Foundation and donor accounting requirements, financial regulations, policies and procedures, and ethics
- Provide mentorship and capacity building for finance and compliance staff of BCMCFL and sub-recipients
- Prepare timely donor financial reports
- Prepare and deliver all required internal and external audit reports and address audit findings properly and in a timely manner
- Develop and review budgets to ensure alignment with Foundation and donor requirements
- Analyse budget-to-actual variances to ensure proper financial management and stability
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor
- Monitor donor call down requests and cash flow planning
- Liaise with technical leads to support logistics and seamless implementation of activities within each respective area of performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or related field; Master’s Degree is preferred
- At least Five years’ experience working as Finance & Admin Manager or prior finance leadership position of a program of similar size, complexity and setting
- Demonstrated expertise in USG-funded programs and cost principles, rules and regulations and application of these in program decision-making
- Demonstrated record of accurate and on-time reporting to donor agencies
- Demonstrated experience in managing a department and supervising a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience using commercially available accounting software programs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs as detailed in the individual work plan.
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 27thMay 2019, 3pm