The position will be based at New Denmark Colliery and the incumbent will report to the Site Manager.
Provide Technical support to the Customer.
- Carry out inspections on all KMC equipment underground and assist the CPT on contractual duties.
- Compile accurate and detailed maintenance, defect, inspection and investigation reports.
- Customer support in terms of safety, breakdowns and coaching.
- Drive productivity improvement and quality work performance.
- Uphold safety standards and procedures with good housekeeping.
- Conduct frequent needs analysis within mine sections to identify gaps and opportunities for optimisation.
- Travel between shafts and Joy facilities for maintenance/repairs/inspections and investigations.
- Provide Technical support to other Field Service Technicians and to the Customer
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with customers and to accept and adopt a competent, responsible attitude
- Effective negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Good report writing skills
- Positive attitude towards improving safety, productivity and cost
- Must be willing to work shifts
- Must be willing to relocate
Education / Qualification
- Qualified Electrician / Millwright with Grade 12/N3 qualification with at least 5 years’ underground experience.
- Flameproof and Gas Testing certificates
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Must be computer literate (MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong maintenance background with relevant Joy equipment knowledge
- AC Shuttle car, Fletcher RB with JNA II VFD / RIO II knowledge to provide technical support to the Customer
Drive for Results
Technical / Functional Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.