|Project Name||Lesotho Compact II Development Program|
|Procurement Title||Lot I – Irrigated Horticulture Value Chain Consultant Lot II – Irrigation Consultant|
|Procurement Ref. Number||LMDA/CD/C/01/2021 – Irrigated Horticulture Value Chain Consultant LMDA/CD/C/02/2021 – Irrigation Consultant|
|Type of Procurement (goods, works or services as applicable)||Consulting Services|
|Buyer||Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (LMDA)|
|Publication Date||August 10, 2021|
|Notice Deadline||August 23, 2020 at 1700 hours local Lesotho time|
The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) and the Government of Lesotho (“GoL”) have entered into a Grant and Implementation Agreement to support the development and facilitation of Compact. The grant is in the amount of approximately Nine Million Seven Hundred Forty Thousand U.S. Dollars ($9,740,000) (“MCC Funding”). The Government, acting through Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (hereinafter referred to as the “MCA Entity”), intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which this Request for Expressions of Interest (“REOI”) is issued. Any payments made by the MCA Entity under the proposed contract will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Compact Development and Implementation Agreement and related documents, including restrictions on the use and distribution of MCC Funding. No party other than the Government and the MCA Entity shall derive any rights from the proposed Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCC Funding. The proposed Compact and its related documents can be found on the MCC website (www.mcc.gov) and on the website of the MCA Entity (www.lmda.org.ls).
- The Lesotho Compact II Development program main goal is to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth. The identified binding constraints to inclusive economic growth and increased private sector investments in Lesotho are: Ineffective policy planning, coordination and execution.
- The proposed Lesotho Compact II Development is focusing on the following two main components:
Improving Catalytic Investment (ICI); and
Health System Strengthening (HSS).
- Lesotho Millennium Development Agency (LMDA)now invites Applications for Expressions of Interest from eligible Individual Consultants to provide the consultancy services as detailed in the terms of reference.
- Selection of Individual Consultants will be conducted through the Individual Consultants Selection (ICS), the evaluation procedure for which is described in the MCC Program Procurement Guidelines as amended on February 15, 2021, which is provided on the MCC website www.mcc.gov/ppg LMDA shall evaluate the CVs based on qualifications and experience and negotiate with the qualifying candidates for framework agreements.
- The contracts duration: The assignment is for a period of twelve (12) months.
- The Request for Application/Standard Forms shall be requested by email from the contacts provided in paragraph 13, below.
- The submission must be in the format of the standard forms provided in the Request for Applications.
- The fees shall be comparative to the local market rates.
The email subject for submission must indicate one of the following positions:
- Lot I – Application for the position of Irrigated Horticulture Value Chain Consultant
- Lot II – Application for the position of Irrigation Consultant
Following the evaluation of the Technical Offers, interviews may be held for all candidates who shall obtain the technical qualifying mark of 80 points on the Technical Offer. The successful candidate will be recommended for award based on the CV evaluation and interview results, subject to satisfactory references being obtained, successful negotiations, positive price reasonableness analysis on the proposed rate and contents of the Financial Offer.
|Attn:||Litlhokoe Mohlomi (Mr.) (Acting Head Procurement)|
|Tel:||+266 2231 7017|
|Fax:||+266 223 115 16|
|E-mail:||[email protected] with a copy to [email protected]|