Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
As an Executive Sous Chef you will be second in command and report directly to the Executive Chef. As such you must be intimately familiar with all the activities involved in kitchen operations and be prepared to step in and cover all eventualities if called upon. You will need to be able to prepare and cook a wide range of international dishes, including French, Italian, and fusion cooking. The Executive Sous Chef is also responsible for overseeing the kitchen team members, which will involve preparing, scheduling and delivering training, managing team member performance, ensuring that the kitchen safety standards are up to date and that team members are complying with health, safety and sanitation rules. Additionally you will help with menu planning, inventory control, and supply management.
• College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
• At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience or 3 years Hotel Diploma / Culinary or Cookery National Diploma with 10 years relevant experience including minimum 3 years as Sous Chef in 3 to 4 stars hotel
• Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
• Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
• Passion for leadership and teamwork
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
• Excellent guest service skills
Must be a Lesotho National