The Lesotho Communications Authority (LCA) invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the position of Executive Secretary – Universal Service Fund. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Lesotho Communications Authority.
Development and expansion of universal access to communications services especially to unserved or underserviced areas of Lesotho by facilitating access to basic domestic and international telephony services and internet access; access to a diverse range of radio and television broadcasting services and deployment of basic postal services. Develop Universal Service Fund Strategic Business and Annual Operational Plans; monitor and evaluate performance of funded projects. Develop Universal Service database, coordinate studies and profile the areas worthy of consideration for Universal Service Fund support for evaluation and approval by the USF Committee.
The position is for a fixed term of three (3) years.
Degree in Management Sciences or equivalent in related fields. Human Resources, Business Management and Project Management will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience at managerial level in relevant field.
• Knowledge of Lesotho’s communications sector and topography.
• Must have extensive experience as a secretary at organizational and corporate governance levels;
• Have extensive experience in the implementation of humanitarian projects aimed at improving the lives of people in underserviced areas of Lesotho.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Sesotho;
• Highly disciplined with demonstrated focus on results;
• Taking initiative, being analytical and methodical, innovative, hardworking, having willingness to work beyond and outside official business hours, having resilience to work under pressure and having energy to meet stringent targets/deadlines at short notice;
• Leadership and Management Skills;
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among stakeholders;
• Strong people management and influencing skills with the ability to communicate, present, negotiate and resolve conflicting interests;
• Knowledge of communications sector regulations and/or other utilities;
• Capable of contributing innovative ideas and use constructive criticism where necessary as a team player;
• Computer skills;
• Good report writing, project management and research skills;
• Ability to work independently.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
LCA offers an attractive market-related remuneration package commensurate with experience for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications from suitably qualified candidates accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies of relevant certificates and names and contact details of three referees should be submitted to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lesotho Communications Authority
30 Princess Margaret Road
By e-mail to: [email protected]
DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of applications is on or before 19 July 2019 at 16H00.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.