Christian Health Association of Lesotho (CHAL) has engaged IGGLE Consulting and Coaching to invite applications from suitably qualified Basotho candidates for the exciting strategic leadership position:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – CHAL
Reporting to the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible and accountable for providing strategic leadership on all aspects of the CHAL’s efficient and effective management, delivery of the Association’s core mandate, financial management, governance, compliance and reporting responsibilities.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute CHAL’s Strategic Plan;
- Attain the Association’s sustainability through effective financial management and sound leadership and management practices;
- Implement effective Governance, Legal and Risk, and Compliance strategies in CHAL operations;
- Optimise the Secretariat’s human capital and other resources to achieve CHAL’s mandate;
- Execute the Association’s due care and diligence to serve members of the
- Association and stakeholders;
- Champion and cultivate continuous stakeholder involvement and engagement;
- Effective administration and support to the Board of Directors’.
- Provide strategic leadership to CHAL’s Secretariat by managing performance of staff and ensure that CHAL health facilities deliver efficient service and mandate in line with the strategic direction and obligations
- Promote and develop good and responsible policy, governance and legal framework that ensure that the Association complies with good practice governance and ethics and is responsive to changing environment and circumstances
- Champion advocacy and networking drive with stakeholders to mobilise resources and support to sustain the implementation and delivery of Association’s mandate and objectives
- Implement and monitor progress of GoL-CHAL partnership through effective engagement and adherence to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and continuously identify areas for improvement for mutual interest and benefit
- Execute effective resource mobilization strategy for CHAL and health facilities
- Effectively implement programmes that empower and develop Secretariat employees
- Ensure that CHAL programmes and initiatives are integrated to deliver on the Association’s objectives
- Consolidate and lead reporting channels to the Board, Development Partners and relevant stakeholders
- Acts as a focal point to enhance CHAL’s footprint amongst the communities and stakeholders that the Association serves.
Core Competencies and Attributes:
- Sensitivity to Christian values and ability to work with varying Christian ideologies
- Proven track record of strategic leadership capability and decision-making
- Ability to work independently and in complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in people management
- Collaborative and partnership competencies
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, management and project management
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Conflict management capabilities
- High integrity and passion for community service and upliftment
- Computer literacy and Microsoft applications
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters in Public Health, Masters in Management and Leadership, Masters in Public Administration/ Management or Masters in Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a senior management position
- Experience working with not-for-profit but viable organization
- Demonstrated experience in working with high government authorities
- Good understanding of health related issues and policies in Lesotho
- Understanding of the nature of Associations and/or Cooperatives
- Knowledge of programs management and project management principles.
Salary and Benefits
CHAL offers salary and benefits as per the existent scales commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
Submission of Applications
If you are interested candidate and capable of making impact at this strategic leadership level, you should send an application letter, a detailed CV, names of two referees and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts addressed to:
The Chairperson of the Board of Directors
P.O. Box 1632
Enquiries may be directed to Mr. Mofolo on (+266) 62208774 / 63922556.
For a detailed job description for this position, visit our website at: www.chal.org.ls
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be directed to short-listed candidates only.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by CHAL.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- CHAL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.