CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CYBER-SECURITY TRAINING
KINGDOM OF LESOTHO
- The Government of Lesotho (GoL) has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) for implementation of Lesotho eGovernment project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Capacity building program
- The Government of Lesotho in May 2014 embarked on the implementation of the Lesotho eGovernment Infrastructure project which aims at the enhancement of good governance by the deployment of a modern and secure e-government broadband infrastructure. The project focuses on the utilization of ICT on governance frameworks that underpin the effectiveness of public sector institutions. The project further aims to develop institutions and processes that allow the private sector to provide and the people to partake of the benefits of newer technologies. The outcome of the project will include improved internal workings of the public sector leading to reduced financial costs and transaction times; better integrated workflows and processes that would enable effective resource utilization across ministries and various public sector agencies. Specifically, the project shall: i) enhance coordination across ministries, key agencies and local governments; ii) strengthen existing Government data centres and portals;
iii) and improve provision of e- services for state building such as automated administrative services including e-payroll, civil registration, e-health, e-procurement, e-customs and revenue
- The services agreed under this assignment is to organize and provide:
ICT training to raise awareness on the opportunities and threats that related to increasing use of internet, engage and educate about online security issues and increasing the resilience of the nation in the event of cyber incidents (for Call centre, Data center, and specific ICT professionals);
- The main objective of the program is to establish a background and context on the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) of the business’ assets (computer systems or networks) and data and ensuring service continuity and stability.
- A complete set of Terms of Reference (ToR) documents referring to the focused area of training may be requested from below-mentioned email addresses or through the telephone number indicated.
- The Ministry of Communications, Science and Technology, eGovernment Infrastructure Project, now invites eligible consulting and training services delivery firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Such information shall include but not limited to the following:
a) The profile and technical competence of the consulting and training firm
b) The qualifications, experience and availability of the professional staff that will be involved in the project:
Team Leader shall have at least proven practical experience in organizing large scale innovative training in developing countries, including the experience in executing training projects in Africa;
ICT training coordinator shall have at least proven education and practical experience in the ICT sector and certifications relevant to the ICT trainings, including the experience in executing ICT projects in Lesotho.
Training mentor shall have proven practical experience in mentoring trainees in developing countries and proven experience in ensuring employability after the training.
c) Description and experience of undertaking at least two (2) similar and relevant projects in last five (5) years (by showing the name of assignment, name and contact address of the client, value, duration, employability records of trainees that graduated the training, etc).
d) Firm must possess the IT platform which automates several functions including registration, student tracking, home assignments, student assessment, access to courses and etc. In order to improve transparency, scalability and quality of the aimed training. Description of the system and proof of the proprietorship to the IT platform shall be provided;
e) Certified copies of Registration by relevant bodies or authority, defining legal status of the Firms;
f) Place of Business, Business License, TIN/VAT Registration Certificate, if relevant;
- Firm will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) method.
Firms may constitute joint ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants”, May 2008 as Revised in July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08:00 to 16:30 GMT +2, Mondays to Fridays inclusive except Public Holidays.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered or submitted by email to the address below by Tuesday 2019 October 8th at 12:00 hrs and mention “Capacity building program for Cyber security training”.
Ministry of Communications, Science and Technology
Project Coordinator: Khiba Masiu (Mr.)
E-Government Infrastructure Project
PO Box 36 Maseru 0100, Lesotho
8th Floor, Post Office Building, Kingsway Road, Maseru, Lesotho
Tel: +266 22314971
Mobile: +266 58093188
E-mail: [email protected]
Information Services and Training Officer: Puso Moetsana (Mr.)
Mobile: +266 587 05625
E-mail: [email protected]