Forestry – Grootgeluk
Environmental Intern – Forestry Grootgeluk ( 85 and 86 for temps )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide the incumbent with the necessary skills and specific competencies and assist in executing related activities across the designated region
REPORTING TO: Environmental Manager Area Environmental Manager
- In-field verification of re-establishment Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA’s) applying the wetland delineation procedure.
- Compilation of maps required for projects, EIA’s and mining objections.
- Literature review on environmental sensitive features related to prospecting application within Sappi Forest properties.
- Update of databases, such as the delineation, heritage and EIA databases.
- Training in the EIA process for major developments, legal requirements and verification of adherence to conditions, post development.
- Establishment and management of a sewage package plant monitoring plan from plantation feedback.
- Exposure to environmental monitoring and surveillance procedures.
- Exposure to internal audit procedures and certification requirements.
- In-field verification of weed assessments.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Self-motivated and a willingness to work infield
- Communication and report writing skills
- Planning and Organising
- General environmental management skills
- Understanding of ecology and biodiversity management
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12/Matric qualification
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree qualification in a relevant Environmental discipline is essential
- Field exposure in monitoring techniques would be advantageous.
- A basic understanding of GIS for map generation and analysis.
- No Experience Required
Closes: 20 February 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.