MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT PLANNING – BUREAU OF STATISTICS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following TEMPORARY POSITIONS tenable at the Bureau of Statistics.
DEPARTMENT : BUREAU OF STATISTICS
JOB TITLE : ENUMERATOR
WAGES : M139. 24 PER DAY
DURATION : 1 MONTH
NUMBER OF POSTS : 121
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, the Enumerator shall collect data in assigned enumeration area.
- Identify assigned enumeration area boundaries.
- Identify all households within the assigned enumeration areas.
- Interview and capture information on all households designated in a particular Enumeration Area.
- Revisit household where information is incomplete.
- Synchronize captured data to the Supervisor for verification.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Statistics /Certificate in Statistics
OR Diploma in
- Environmental Science/Engineering/Agriculture/Business Management or Accounting/Science Education/Education.
Participation in HECS (winter collection) and Computer literacy will be added advantages. Relevant experience within Bureau of Statistics having been engaged into two other data collection household surveys is necessary. The incumbents must provide two written references.
- The nature of the work will demand working during public holidays and weekends and beyond official working hours.
- The incumbents are liable to collect data in remote and discrete indigenous areas of the country.
Other terms and conditions
- Interested candidates must apply in their respective Districts;
- Candidates residing in the concerned District will be considered for appointment in the same District;
- The incumbents will be expected to reside within the assigned enumeration areas;
HOW TO APPLY:
Application form and curriculum vitae coupled with certified copies of educational certificates should be hand delivered to Bureau of Statistics offices available in ten districts of Lesotho. The application forms are available in all Statistics offices. The closing date for submission of applications is 29 SEPTEMBER, 2017. If you are not contacted after 2 weeks from the deadline day consider your application unsuccessful.