Seeq is looking for an Enterprise Sales Executive to sell Seeq’s full suite of Business-branded products and services, specializing in the chemical vertical. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales. In addition to salary, this position will be issued equity (stock options) based upon his/her expected contribution.
This enterprise sales executive role understands chemical industry customer’s business drivers and how best to engage with Seeq to achieve business goals. They build strong relationships both internally and externally to help customers achieve their goals. This person needs to be highly driven, detail oriented, and strategic minded. The day-to-day job will involve managing the full sales cycle, from prospecting and qualified lead follow-up to demo to close—and you’ll form great relationships with customers along the way. While the role is primarily focused on the chemical industry, selling into other industries may be required subject to market conditions.
The ideal candidate for this role is experienced in software sales into the chemical industry with a proven record selling to and building relationships at the enterprise level (VP, C-suite). They will be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to adapt quickly, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They must have strong soft skills and business acumen and coupled with an insatiable appetite for growth and development. This person will be fearless and self-less and able to navigate customer challenges easily.
Strong domain knowledge of the chemical industry-specific challenges and nuances is integral to this role. Experience working for or with a process historian company with a large chemical customer base is highly valued.
- Sell Seeq’s products to chemical industry corporations with the primary focus on acquiring new customers, as well as selling additional products and services to existing customers.
- Keep up to date on all major Seeq product enhancements and ensure pitch deck is maintained to meet current features and brand guidelines.
- Work with the industry principal to develop accurate sales forecasts for the chemical industry.
- Help develop repeatable and scalable process to support chemical industry accounts.
- Collaborate with direct sales or channel partners on accounts that span verticals or geographies.
- Identify additional opportunities for revenue growth in industry and refer opportunities outside of industry or geographic scope to appropriate sales channels.
- Work all strategically assigned leads monthly.
- Submit clean and complete sales orders.
- Achieve all performance to goal objectives and monthly quota targets.
- Accurately disposition all assigned leads to track and maintain sales activities and efforts in company database in a timely manner.
- Understand all relevant Seeq products and services and be able to communicate and match these to potential customers’ needs.
- Keep up to date on all competitor’s products, services, pricing and promotions.
- Attend and participate in all Seeq sales meetings, training sessions and workshops.
- Responsible for meeting Company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed as well as performing these duties in compliance with Company guidelines, values, procedures and/or policies.
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion for the problem solution over specific experience or background requirements, but even so, the ideal candidate is likely to have most or many of the following characteristics:
- Deeply understands the current data management strategy of chemical companies (e.g., specific historians, on-prem vs cloud). Experience with AspenTech a plus.
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of internal and external customer responsiveness.
- Exhibits exceptional cross-team collaboration and internal customer support.
- Provides excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers/prospects, including executive-level business owners.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and professionalism, an ambassador for the Seeq brand.
- Deeply understands the dynamics of Seeq and possesses a solid understanding of the time-series data analytics space. Experience in the time-series data analytics space is a plus.
- Exhibits expert facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings) for audiences ranging from product end users to C-suite.
- Possesses superior presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings
- Has excellent written communication skills, demonstrates the ability to write with purpose and accuracy.
- Maintains a high level of project management and organizational skill.
- Is adept at critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness.
- Has self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance.
- Is adaptable to change as it relates to sales plan, Seeq product strategy, internal/external relationships and organizational direction.
- Meets regularly with direct manager in order to review pending priorities, reflect on recent accomplishments and how to overcome challenges.
- Travels to internal meetings and customer sites as warranted.
We are organized as a virtual company with a headquarters in Seattle, WA. We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees can be based virtually anywhere as long as they have access to a good office environment, high-bandwidth connectivity and willingness to travel for team meetups for a few days as well as to customer sites for 2-day visits about once per month.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match into Seeq’s position description. Please let us know how you will contribute to our mission and our future success.
The Perks of Working at Seeq
- Competitive salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses.
- Important benefits like this (because we want you to be happy):
- Freedom PTO
- 5 weeks paid Seeq family leave
- Internet and mobile phone reimbursement
- Group term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance pre-tax benefit
- Voluntary vision and dental (ortho)
- 401K company match program
- Vacation bonus program
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous home office allowance
- The best co-workers (we’ve analyzed the data, so we know it’s true)
- Pet-friendly workspace (your dog will be so happy to have you home)
- Loving your job!
Seeq provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.