Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT: LESOTHO DISTANCE TEACHING CENTRE (LDTC)
POSITION: ENROLMENT AND COUNSELING OFFICER
GRADE: F (M143, 268.00 – M172, 908.00)
Under the general supervision of the Student Advisor, the incumbent plans, disseminates academic information, conducts counseling sessions, keeps student records and supervises staff.
1) Implementation of sectional plans for achievement of sectional objectives
• To ensure that individual plans are drawn in accordance –to the sectional plan.
• To describe activities for the registration and counseling unit.
• To set performance standards and indicators for activities to be performed.
2) Dissemination of information to LDTC learners and processing of application for maintenance of quality educational standards
• To prepare
application and registration
packages and catalogues
• To register new and returning students.
• To evaluate applications for admission.
• to arrange pre entry tests (where necessary)
3) Conduct counseling sessions to LDTC students for encouraged learning.
• To interview and advise students about academic programmes and what is required to get admission or to register.
• To help students understand their skill sets and how to utilize them.
• To guide students regarding their career decisions
• To continually assess student’s stage of development (academic, career and personal) to determine progress.
4) Maintenance of student information and files for prompt retrieval.
• To key in the database system for student registration
• To prepare registration documents.
• To provide student information to other sections upon request.
• To maintain student files and records
5) Oversee the examination process for improved student’s results
• to administer registration for examination
• To prepare list of students who take exams.
• To prepare sitting plan.
• To display notes, rules and instructions inside and outside the exam hall.
• To collect and keep examination papers at least two days before examination.
• To take record of students who do not show up for exams.
6) Supervision of learner support staff for quality delivery of services
• Assesses and approves registration and counseling of assistants’ individual work plans.
• Appraises registration and counseling officers to determine performance
• Continually assesses the training needs of the registration and counseling assistant.
• Produces a report on the performance of the assistant counseling and registration officers.
Knowledge and skills
Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Adult education
Strong belief in confidentiality
Communication and interpersonal skills Organization skills
Supervision and management skills Planning skills
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SERVING OFFICERS MAY APPLY FOR GRADE F POSITIONS HERE ADVERTISED.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than, 30th October, 2019