At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The incumbent’s responsibilities include network design strategy, network engineering, implementation and migration planning and optimization of network services. The incumbent will also be responsible for the implementation of VPNs for external support teams and maintaining secure access of the IT network.
- Plan and address all network related problem
- Analyze and perform network optimization activities regularly to ensure Network performance is improved regularly
- Install and configure new switches for expansions and update network architecture/diagram
- Monitor capacity utilization and set thresholds for addressing all capacity requirements
- Plan and implement all capacity upgrades for all hardware and software in your area
- Plan and install patches as recommended by Security team and ensure that patches do not affect services
- Ensure that all network devices and servers are backed up and do tests restores to ensure that backup is working properly
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or relevant tertiary qualification.
Monitor and DiagnoseIncident ResponseDev OpsSecuritySoftware EngineeringAutomation and RoboticsLeading Organisation Culture and ChangeCloudData Analytics and Insights
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.