Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, with a full kimberlite processing plant (550tph) invites suitably qualified and competent applicants to apply for the vacant position of Engineering Manager.
To provide strategic leadership in the development and implementation of the overall engineering strategy of the Mine.
Maintain the kimberlite processing plant to ensure 3.7mtpa can be processed efficiently. To manage the engineering department to provide efficient and effective electrical, mechanical and water treatment Services to the mine in pursuing the Mine’s operational and strategic objectives. Manage all capital planning, budgeting and project expenditure.
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Ensure SHE standards are applied and adhered to by all Engineering employees, consultants and visitors,
• Liaise with LEC – to maintain an uninterrupted supply of electrical power to the Mine,
• Projects – management and oversight of contractors with mechanical/electrical installations of the Mine,
• Site Reticulation – ensure a constant supply of electricity within the lease area by maintaining electrical installations including lines, electrical sub-stations, pumps and supply within buildings and camp site,
• Emergency Power – maintain emergency power generating facilities to ensure power to critical operations/areas in the event of external power supply failures,
• Ensure maintenance plans are developed that will ensure good availability of equipment, machinery and structures,
• Maintain and develop skills within the mechanical maintenance, electrical and technician teams that will support the Department,
• Set up infrastructure and systems that will support all Engineering activities,
• Utilise Sage X3 EAM for preventative maintenance system. Draw up departmental five-year forecast and plans for capital expenditure for the engineering function taking cognizance of business needs and realities,
• Draw up annual forecasts and budgets for the engineering departmental operating expenditure taking cognizance of business needs and realities,
• Initiate appropriate responses to address shorter to medium-term planning to turn maintenance systems from corrective to preventive modes, Control MTBF & MTTR metrics.
• Liaise with senior management, including the30 Executives on strategic issues relating to quality and continuity of electricity and mine water supply,
• Develop and monitor service level and other agreements with contractors and other businesses to meet the Mine objectives,
• Develop and maintain appropriate policies, standards and procedures for Mechanical and Electrical sections of the engineering function,
• Plan and establish the overall engineering of water control, treatment and distribution on site,
• Ensure maintenance of Plant Control Systems (SCADA & MOMS),
Legal and other requirements
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness,
• Valid driver’s license
• Single status, remote site work environment on an agreed rotational basis.
Qualifications and experience
• Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical),
• >10 years relevant engineering and/or construction/industrial experience in mining and plant environment (preferably diamonds)
• GCC accreditation or similar will be an added advantage.
Skills and competencies
• Organizational, planning and managing maintenance, shutdowns and projects;
• Project Management skills;
• Results driven;
• Problem analysis and solving skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication;
• Attention to details/ detail focused;
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Supervision and coordination skills;
• Ability to read technical information;
• Ability to compose a variety of documents
• Ability to operate mechanical and maintenance equipment and related
• Ability to facilitate group discussions and solve practical problems;
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to: 5th Floor Pension Fund House
email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is 24th January 2020
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted