Energy Sector GESI Experts will support the project’s inclusion of women, youth, and marginalized groups in both employment activities and energy access. They will develop capacity building initiatives for target populations to improve energy consumption efficiency and provide expert support on energy inclusion strategies for marginalized communities across Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia).
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The potential objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in Southern African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in Southern African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
Specifically, Chemonics seeks expressions of interest from individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Household Energy Consumption
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Development
- Capacity Building and Training Workshops
- Private and public sector workforce engagement
- On-grid and off-grid community engagement
- Sector-specific Gender Actions Plans
- Organizational Gender Audits
- Advise project leadership on GESI inclusion across the energy sector
- Design inclusion strategies for the energy sector and lead inclusion activities across the project’s objectives
- Identify vulnerable communities impacted by energy poverty
- Develop local and regional capacity building activities for women, youth, and marginalized groups in the energy sector
- Liaise with public and private sector stakeholders to engage underrepresented demographics in employment opportunities within the energy sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of energy consumption behaviors in households across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Minimum five years’ experience implementing GESI initiatives on energy programs. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English or local languages required depending on work location
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by December 24, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/