: Management Consultants
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
: Mar 29, 2021
: Apr 3, 2021
Reporting Manager Title : Project Delivery Manager
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
For more information, visit Worley.com.
Reports to: Power and New Energy, Advisian Project Manager
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Review and comment on regulations applicable to the energy sector in;
- South Africa;
- Present current regulatory landscape to energy team at key mining client.
- Workshop changes expected in the short to medium term.
- Compile a detailed report of the regulatory environment in relation to energy supply and use in the specific SADAC and Canadian Ontario operational areas
- Skills/ Competencies:
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to translate regulatory language into engineering understandable terms
- Engineering degree and an LLB;
- At least 10 years applicable energy policy and regulatory experience;
- Sound knowledge and experience in energy sector and energy regulations;
Special Conditions of Job:
- Short term assignment 6 to 8 weeks
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Education/ Minimum Requirements:
- Engineer Qualification,
- Legal Qualification,
- Must be able to read, speak and write in English;
- In-depth knowledge of energy regulations, standards, and codes used in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Canada;