Lomati Mill, Barberton
Employee Wellbeing Practitioner ( HRL 15U )
Sappi Southern Africa requires an Employee Wellbeing Practitioner to provide and coordinate a sustainable and comprehensive employee wellbeing risk management programme for Lomati and Forests Mpumulanga . The incumbent will also be responsible for preventing, managing and minimising the negative organisational impact and improving organisational efficiency.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Provide advice to relevant role-players on how to deal with EWB related issues e.g. addiction, work related, mental illness, trauma, financial matters and interpersonal relationships.
- Provide confidential counselling services to employees on employee personal wellbeing matters and determine when matters need to be referred.
- Substance abuse programme:
- Research and recommend facilities with suitable treatment programmes for approval by Regional Health and Wellness Manager.
- Monitor the quality and consistence of programme output.
- Assess the employee’s degree of dependence, assist those employees who require help to recover and monitor the employee’s progress during and after recovery.
- Provide feedback to management with regard to attendance, compliance and the way forward.
- Annual EWB sensitivity education to relevant security personnel.
- In consultation with the OMP, determine frequency and duration of continued testing as part of the fitness to work and rehabilitation programme.
- Develop partnerships with Dept of Health, NGO’s and other role players to implement a comprehensive EWB programme, eliminating duplication and making optimum use of relevant resources.
- Review the Operating Unit EWB risk profile through identification of risks to the organisation, risks to the individual and consider internal and external risk factors.
- Identify the level and type of risk on an annual basis and compile an annual programme to mitigate the risks in co-operation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Recommend training and education programmes for the operating units aimed to mitigate the EWB risks identified at the units.
- Assist in identifying and advise management of adverse EWB effects arising from workplace conditions and manage accordingly.
- Participate in the comprehensive HIV management programme.
- Participate, communicate and assist the operating unit Wellness committees as well as the peer educator’s committees.
- Participate in the Incapacity Ill-health process at the operating units.
- Compile operating unit reports, analyse data and trends and monitor implementation of remedial action.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Degree in Social Science
- Registration with the Council for Social Service Professionals
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Valid code EB driver’s license
- EAP qualification
- Courses in management of dependency, trauma, self-awareness and HIV.
- A minimum of one 1-year experience in EAP/EWB
Closing date: 17 July 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.