EMERGENCY COORDINATOR (PATERSON BAND CL)
Letšeng seeks to engage a qualified professional with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the position of EMERGENCY COORDINATOR (PATERSON BAND CL).
To coordinate emergency preparedness and response programme and to respond to medical and other Mine emergencies.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in emergency baseline risk assessments
• Maintain emergency preparedness and response procedures
• Conduct First aiders training and other relevant staff training & awareness
• Develop and manage emergency management plans and drills
• Manage and upskill the Mine’s emergency team, first aiders and employees on emergency preparedness and response
• Maintain and manage emergency equipment and update inventory accordingly
• Response to emergencies around and in the proximity of the mine and coordinate medical referrals
• Maintain a record of all hazardous chemical substances on site and maintain adequate materials to respond to environmental spills
• Maintain emergency related corrective and preventive actions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Advanced Life Support or
• Intermediate Life Support plus three years post qualification working experience or Basic Life Support with medical
• training plus five years post qualification working experience
• Registration as Emergency Care Practitioner in Lesotho
• Code 10 Driver’s Licence
• Fire 1/2 or medical emergency response courses will be an added advantage
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
-Analytical, attention to detail, supervisory, communication and coordination
• Candidates will be required to undergo a Medical Examination of fitness as per requirements
Interested candidates should submit their applications, CV and highest qualifications obtained to: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 21 March 2021.
DISCLAIMER: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.
NOTE: All applications should bear the reference i95/259/EMCOD on the email subject line.