- Multiple Countries
- Full Time
- Mid Level
What would I do at Litmus?
More than email production, the Email Marketing Specialist will participate in campaign strategy, own and scale our production processes, and create delightful email experiences on a fast-paced team.
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- An open-minded, determined, and experimental mindset. We expect you’ll regularly hit roadblocks while innovating, and you’ll need the perseverance and fortitude to press ahead, knowing that you’ll have our full support along the way.
- Strategic thinking, prioritization skills, troubleshooting, and the ability to manage multiple projects
- It’s probably not surprising that our emails are subject to a great deal of scrutiny due to the nature of our business. Obsessive attention to detail and dedication to creating error-free emails is a must.
- Knowledge of the key differences in email design and development when compared to web design, and understand what is possible
- Basic understanding of email marketing principles and best practices, taking into consideration email rendering differences across email clients, browsers, and devices
- All of the above, while in a high-growth environment. (Speed and quality are not mutually exclusive in your mind.)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our marketing and design teams to brainstorm the creation of innovative and forward-thinking email campaigns that meet our thought leadership, marketing, and communication objectives
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to envision how email campaigns fit into broader business objectives
- Support the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive email style guide for all of Litmus’ emails—marketing, transactional, and operational
- Design and develop for a variety of email applications and use cases, including ad-hoc email layouts; re-usable modular snippets and partials; WYSIWYG templates, and more
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends in email design and development. Share findings with the team. Use findings to ensure Litmus emails stay ahead of the curve
- Email campaign setup and deployment in our ESPs
- Set up emails and templates, test emails in Litmus, troubleshoot rendering issues, and ensure compatibility across clients commonly used by Litmus subscribers (not Lotus Notes, we promise)
- Make revisions and collaborate with the team using Litmus Proof
- Experience using Marketo is preferred, Campaign Monitor, or other ESPs to set up email templates and a basic understanding of audience segmentation
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert-level HTML and CSS development skills as demonstrated in an online portfolio
- Experience with email design, email development, and executing email campaigns in a major ESP is a plus