JOB TITLE: eLMIS Officer
Start Date: TBD
JOB LOCATION: Maseru, Lesotho
REPORTS TO: e-LMIS Coordinator
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the health commodities supply chain and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The Electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) Officer will provide support and training to the users of Logistics Information Systems ensuring that support is provided effectively and efficiently, participate fully in development, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading and solving all electronic systems related issues to ensure optimal systems functionality, availability of information systems and tools to collect, process and use high quality data to inform supply chain planning, procurement and pipeline monitoring. He/She will work closely with the MOH-IT and ICAP staff on aspects of eLMIS. The position is based in Maseru and will report to the e-LMIS Coordinator.
Qualified applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] not later than Friday 26th, 2021.
Electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) Officer
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and databases.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and bugs.
- Analyze and rectify software errors in a timely manner and present precise status reports on time.
- Develop, test, and analyze programming applications.
- Build and develop applications using computer languages such as XTML, JAVA, ABAP, Visual Basic and C++ etc
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language.
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary.
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient, offer patches to existing computer systems.
- Resolve programming issues by applying problem solving skills.
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems.
- Determine, develop, and document software specifications throughout production lifecycle.
- Provide technical support to users on change control and system updates.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provide training and user manuals to users on existing and new systems.
- Keep up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time.
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Perform any other duties when need arises.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience as a programmer or relevant role
- Ability to program in languages such as C++, Java (J2EE), XML, Python etc.
- Experience in developing web applications.
- Excellent knowledge with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code.
- Excellent all-round communication skills
- Ability to work in teamwork environment.
- BSc/BA in computer science, software engineering or any relevant IT discipline
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be employed by Chemonics International Inc. but embedded within the Supply Chain Management Department inside the Lesotho Ministry of Health building in Maseru.