Job Location: Gauteng, Boksburg
Join a diverse and inclusive work culture
Our differences make us unique and stronger. Every day, you will work with colleagues from different cultures. You will be challenged to see things in a new way and you will experience why differences are a strength. We actively support diversity and inclusion. And we work for equality, ensuring we all have an equal opportunity to make the most of our talents.
You will be part of the Sub-Saharan Africa and Middle East Region Sampling Preparation and Analysis Mining Project Engineering team who are dedicated to implementing sustainable solutions for our customers. By joining this team, you will have the chance to work in an international environment involving different cultures and different challenges.
Purpose of the role
To provide a leading role in the global software team in the deployment and support of automated laboratory systems provided by FLSmidth. Responsible for the creation and application of electrical systems for products and services provided by Sampling Preparation and Analysis in the Mining industry. Engineering designs, programs, simulations and tests of automated laboratory equipment and processes to meet customer requirements.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical and Control Systems designs.
- Combination of Onsite installation and commissioning of new systems, troubleshooting existing installations remotely or in the field and Perth based customer support and project work.
- Support research and development projects for electrical and software development.
- Assist in costing of new and modified systems.
- Responsible to write new software and operating manuals.
- Testing software and electrical systems to ensure it operates adequately.
- The ability to training Users.
- Ensure continuous improvement in equipment, work processes and systems by identifying and logging opportunities for improvement and promoting and supporting tea- based initiatives for improvement.
- Understand and comply with Health Safety and Environment Policy requirements.
What you bring
- National Diploma BEng, BSc in Electrical / Control System Engineering, scientific discipline of electronics or mechatronics
- Minimum 1-3 years as an Electrical Engineer with field experience.
- Mechanical, electrical and software troubleshooting ability.
- Knowledge of electrical panel and distribution design and safety requirements
- Knowledge of configuration, programming and commissioning of PLCs (Siemens S7 preferred), variable speed drives, barcode scanners and safety devices
- Experience in SCADA’s preferably Siemens WINCC is beneficial
- Preferred Experience in robotics (ABB, Mitsubishi, Epson) is beneficial
- Ability to work in a team or individually on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Willingness to learn and undergo job specific training (ex. software/project/sampling)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a fast paced, changing environment while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer and Programming skills. e.g. VM, SQL server, Visual Studio is beneficial.
- Ability to pick up another programming language with minimal guidance.
- Numerical and Analytical skills
- Ability to work with a global team that is scattered all around the world. e.g. Different time zone.
What we offer
As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
Closing date for applications is 18th January 2021
FLSmidth promotes diversity in the workplace and preference will be given to applicants from designated groups.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, qualification verification and employment verification).