Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Effluent Officer ( P11 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires an Effluent Officer to inspect the beaches and rocky outcrops from Amanzimtoti to Park Rynie, noting and reporting on sea and surf conditions in respect of effluent and foam formation as well as the effluent and storm water plant within the mill to ensure the mills environmental impact is well controlled.
This role reports in to the Production Manager (Services)
The main responsibilities of this job are :
- Visually inspect the effluent pump house for smooth running of pumps and effluent rake screens for any malfunction daily.
- Visually inspect the effluent handling system e.g. surge pit, in the factory and if necessary lower the level of the surge pit by starting up a pump
- Check the pumps at combined collector, collector, surge pit and spill pond by starting and stopping the pump.
- Supervise labor cleaning at the pump house and rake screen on a daily basis.
- Supervise labor cleaning all collectors and the removing of sludge etc.
- Monitor PH levels of all collectors daily and investigates the source of the problem should PH levels be out of specification
- Collect overtime schedules for the department and authorize the overtime on the SAP system once the overtime has been approved by the heads of the department.
- Capture sick leave and annual leave forms on the SAP system.
- Complete pigging of the pipeline on a monthly basis by starting and stopping pumps as per procedure and informing relevant managers when pigging is completed
- Issue general purpose work permit to artisans and contractors completing maintenance work at the areas under are of responsibility
- Supervises the cleaning of the combined collector by an outside contractor by means of a Super Sucker on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the surge pit is flushed on a regular basis by dilution, using the installed water sprays
- Ensure that the spill pond is cleaned and flushed regularly, by arranging for a front end loader that will remove the solids build-up
- Monitor the solids removed system which include pump number 12. and the silica trailers, to ensure optimization of the system.
The ideal candidate should have :
- NQF level 4 qualification (Grade 12 or related equivalent)
- 6 months of related experience in a heavy industry environment
- Supervisory experience as well as experience working with the public will be considered advanatageous
- Knowledge of sea and weather conditions coupled with a valid Skippers licence is required for this position
- Computer literacy together with SAP Time and Attendance
Closing date: 24 October 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.