Rural Self-help Development Association (RSDA) invites applications from suitably qualifies candidates for the position of EERE Social Enterprise Manager for its new ‘access to energy and economic development initiative. RSDA, an NGO registered in Lesotho works to empower rural Basotho communities to develop their self-initiative, self-determination and self-responsibility. Since 1991, RSDA has supported rural Basotho with a focus on sustainable agriculture, natural resource management and other initiatives to help rural Basotho graduate out of extreme poverty.
Purpose of the Job:
1.0 To provide strategic leadership and impact on the new social enterprise whose objective is to provide access to energy efficient and renewable Energy (EERE) and economic development for off-grid communities in Lesotho.
2.0 To implement the business plan based on the business model, ensure management of the social enterprise staff, provide leadership for the selection, training and management of Independent distributors and accountability for sales, stock and assets of the Enterprise.
3.0 The EERE Social Enterprise manager will be responsible for coordination with other RSDA team members, effective partnership with the project partner Positive Planet International (PPI), and other stakeholders and service providers to deliver the mandate of the social enterprise. The Social Enterprise Manager reports to RSDA Projects Manager.
Graduate-level degree in the relevant field of study which is business, sales and marketing.
Skills and experience
- Sales and operations oriented person: At least 2 years experience in the sales and business environment, proven ability to understand company’s core values and objectives and to translate them into practice, able to motivate team and execute activities as needed to achieve monthly targets.
- Good communication: demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively with different audiences and explain clearly tasks and targets.
- Teamwork: good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good relationships with partners and team members. Ability to plan and coordinate different team members; the candidate would know how to motivate, reward and review performance of team members in line with RSDA social enterprise objectives and work plans.
- Organizing and planning: strong organizational skills, ability to design and implement a strategic business plan to expand RSDA outreach and ensure its strong presence in Lesotho.
- Problem solving: positive attitude, flexibility and adaptability in finding solutions, committed to continuous learning.
- Background in FMCG/Services/Retail/Mobile money type of companies who operate in Lesotho is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Sesotho– high proficiency in both written and spoken.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential.
- Ability to work in a team but also comfortable working autonomously and independently with minimum supervision.
- Localisation: Maseru, Lesotho with regular travel to 5 project Districts( Mohale’s hoek, Mafeteng, Berea and Leribe).
- Documents to be sent: Please hand deliver your application letter, Resume and copies of certificates to RSDA office in Maseru located at Stadium Area, Rants’ala Road next to Cooperative College.
- Deadline for application: 7th October 2019 16:30 PM. Please note that Late applications will not be accepted.