CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES LESOTHO
ANTICIPATED FOOD FOR EDUCATION PROJECT
EDUCATION AND LITERACY MANAGER
Reports to: Chief of Party
About Catholic Relief Services (CRS):
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than one hundred countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding
The Education Manager will manage project interventions on an anticipated Food for Education project, designing and implementing projects to advance CRS Lesotho’s mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. The Education Manager’s management skills and knowledge will ensure high-quality project implementation and ensure sustainable programming outcomes.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyse and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy.
- Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Function as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess, and strengthen partnerships relevant to education, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Masters degree in education, International development or International relations required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Mínimum of 4 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Bachelor’s degree with substantial experience in INGO, government or donor agencies may be considered in-lieu of master’s degree.
Literacy Coordinator and Advocacy Coordinator
- Fluency in both Sesotho and English
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested candidates should submit CV, cover letter and certified copies of academic qualifications, no later than October 5, 2022, at 14:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: EDUCATION AND LITERACY PROJECT MANAGER. APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF THE SUBJECT LINE DOES NOT INDICATE THE POSITION. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its employees to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be required to evaluate their behaviours related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.