Do you have a background in journalism and are passionate about finding the stories surrounding business and technology that matter the most? Looking to be part of an international team and still have the flexibility to work remotely?
We are looking for a part-time editor to regularly contribute journalistic stories about the latest in technology and entrepreneurship in the U.S. and beyond. A person that’s a self-starter and passionate about growing their own profile and readership along with the publication.
Founded in 2007 and currently part of the Espacio Media Incubator, StartupBeat is looking for an editor to reinvigorate this digital publication which was previously acknowledged by the Columbia School of Journalism’s Tow Center for Digital Journalism.
- Regularly contributing stories to the publication
- Promote articles online and engage on social media
- Contribute to growing publication’s readership and brand
- Background in journalism
- Professional-level English, with impeccable grammar, writing and communication skills
- 2-3 years of editorial experience in journalistic publications
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivated, energetic
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote working environment with an international team
- Great company culture
- Being part of the larger Espacio Media Incubator (e.g. editors who’ve written for Rolling Stone, The Atlantic, TechCrunch, Times of London, The Telegraph, Times of Oman, Tehran Times, and more)
- Support from Espacio Media Incubator to help grow your own profile as well as that of the publication