The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
This is a fixed term contract ending 31December 2020
- Manage a team of nurses, data staff and research assistants
- Support for research nurses with phlebotomy and specimen processing
- Establish and coordinate clinical trials from feasibility to archiving, including recruitment and enrolment, day-to-day management of study procedures, addressing data queries from monitoring. Working across several trials, in conjunction with other SCOs at GRO
- Ensure that ethical and regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure complete and accurate data collection
- Manage all study documentation (case report forms (CRFs), research materials, investigator files, etc.)
- Quality Control of study documents – source and CRF’s
- Study Procedures – ensure staff are trained appropriately and study protocols are
- Interact with international and national principal and other investigators to ensure fulfilment of project goals
- Interact with local health facilities, study auditors, laboratory, etc
- Contribute to managing the research site and maintaining relationships with site stakeholders
- Health-related Degree and 2019 registration with applicable department e.g. SANC registration
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Study Coordinator or Project Manager
- Minimum of two years’ experience in staff management
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships and use these to manage study and site structure
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Knowledge of International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) / Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and valid Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certificate beneficial
- Experience of working in the Gugulethu (or similar) community-based environment would be beneficial
- Experience of working with DAIDS studies would be beneficial
- Knowledge of quality control, activities, systems and processes (QA/QC) would be beneficial
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet)
- Work standards
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager [email protected] Job reference: #DTHF/C030.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za