The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Finance Administrator to be based in Cape Town.
This is a Fixed term contract from 1 may 2019 to 30 September 2019
The purpose of this position is to ensure smooth financial administration of projects and provide financial administration support to the Senior Finance Officer.
- Maintain project files
- Manage project assets
- Support Senior Finance Officers
- Support Project Purchase Officer
- Perform expense reconciliations and monitor expense allocations
- Prepare Budget vs Actual reports
- Assist with ledger and bank reconciliations
- Journal entry, monitor financial adherence and assist with audit preparation
- Post Matric qualifications in Finance
- Minimum of two to three years’ financial administration experience; preferable in a research environment
- Knowledge of financial practices
- Computer Literacy, MS Office (Excel intermediate) and SAP
- Fluent in English
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Planning and organising
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager [email protected] by 17th April 2019 Job reference: #DTHF/C016.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za