Drone Pilot (ECHO DRR III Project)
Reports to: ECHO Project Manager
Duration: Fixed contract: 9 months
Purpose of the Position:
To lead production of mapping in the implementing area and during emergency response in the 10 districts of Lesotho.
· Drone Mission Planning and Piloting in implementing areas of Mokhotlong and Thaba Tseka
· Production of maps
· Facilitate use of the mapping system:
· Communicate and utilize mapping data
· Facilitate learning and better practices in mapping
· Plan mapping linking them with Community Disaster Preparedness Plans
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field.
• Drone piloting certificate from an accredited provider
• 1-2 years of experience with drone piloting and GIS for an NGO or grant funded project
• Proficiency with drone piloting and usage of mapping software
• Experience with mapping tools such as PIX4D, PIX4D Mapper, QGIS
• Experience with GPS measuring tools.
• Outstanding quantitative skill set.
• Analytical mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills
• Robust problem-solving abilities
• Excellent electronic and mechanical skills
• Expertise in multitasking
• Keen attention to detail
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Office-based with extensive travel to the field
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following email Only and must be in PDF format (application letter, curriculum vitae and certified transcripts and certificates): [email protected]
Please label subject of the email: Drone Pilot
Closing date 10th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.