Jhpiego is a non-prof t organization, operating in Lesotho since 2012 through supporting the government of Lesotho in delivering health services to the Basotho people. Jhpiego’s portfolio currently includes Khanya (VMMC and PrEP), THEBE (TB Contact Tracing and COVID Response), RISE (COVID Case Management and Vaccine Support), MOSAIC (Dapivirine Ring Introduction), CUT-TB (RCT) and various other small studies.
Position: Drivers (6)
• Drive staff, Jhpiego visitors and consultants to and from their destinations.
Deliver mail and packages as required.
• Check that vehicle logbooks are properly filled in order to verify authorization of trips taken and that mileage is properly accounted for.
• Record status of vehicles before and after each trip to ensure that any damage can be identified with or tied to a trip
• Ensure that all cargos and loads are secure and transported at all times
• Enforce Jhpiego transport policies and traffic laws; and ensure that all passengers adhere to such laws accordingly.
• Assume responsibility for the service and maintenance of the vehicles
• Ensure daily routine checks including oil, water and brake fluid levels
• Undertake other duties as requested
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
• 5 years’ experience as a driver
• 2 years public driver’s license
• Clean driving record
• Ability to communicate in English and Sesotho
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Basic knowledge of automotive maintenance procedures will be an added advantage
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only.
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two reference letters, Certified identity document. All applications addressed for the attention of Human Resources Manager must be sent by email address to:[email protected] or hand deliver to Jhpiego Office, Dolphin House #2, ground floor,23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area, Maseru by 12 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.