Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Drivers * 13
Based in the following districts:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Driver is responsible for driving the project vehicle, maintenance of cleanliness and ensuring the vehicle is road worthy.
The Driver reports to the Project Nurse at the district.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Transport project staff to service delivery sites as requested;
• Adhere to all BCMCFL transportation policies and procedures, including utilization of the vehicle only for work-related activities;
• Keep the vehicles clean;
• Keep track of service, mileage, and maintenance of the vehicles;
• Check regularly the road fitness of the vehicles (tires, oil, water, etc.);
• Observe and keep traffic laws (e.g., speed limit, traffic lights);
• Perform other tasks assigned by the administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• COSC completion;
• Driver’s License (CODE B), (CODE C1) and (CODE E)
• Possession of defensive driving will be an added advantage
• Must be in possession of Public Driving Permit
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in nongovernmental organizations
• Experience driving in hard-to-reach terrain is an added advantage
• Must have clean driving history of a minimum 5 years accident free
• Willing to work beyond normal working hours
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council or Lesotho Nursing Council where applicable, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.