MINISTRY GENDER, SPORTS, YOUTH, ARTS, CULTURE AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PATHWAYS TO SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS PROJECT (P177814)
Advert for DRIVER *3
1. Background Information
The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho through the Ministry of Gender, Youth, Sports, Culture and Social Development (MoGYSC&SD) has secured credit from the World Bank in the amount equivalent to US$26.5 million toward implementation of Pathways to Sustainable Livelihoods Project (PSLP) for a five (5) year period up to 2027. The Ministry intends to use part of the proceeds of this credit for an individual consultant to act as a Driver to support the implementation of Pathways to Sustainable Livelihoods Project.
2. Background of the Assignment
The main objective of this position to drive officials around in an efficient, safe and timely manner. The driver must follow the traffic laws at all times and ensuring that the vehicle is fueled on time for each travel. Additionally, maintaining regular cleaning services for the vehicle as well as planning routes and providing advice based on road conditions.
3. Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is properly maintained and serviced.
- Drive officials daily to their desired destinations to facilitate implementation of the PSLP.
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe all the times.
- Maintains vehicle logbook and submits monthly returns to Administrative Assistant.
- Using navigation apps to determine the best route Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip.
- Assist officials with loading and unloading their luggage.
- Listens to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions.
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Attends to general safety, care and upkeep of the vehicle including spare parts and tools
- Reports on any damage of the vehicle and loss of vehicle parts and other related incidents
4. Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Qualification required COSC or Equivalent
- A valid driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Ability to drive 4×4 vehicles in mountainous roads
- Availability to occasionally take weekends and long working hours
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g., at rush hour, snow)
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Sesotho both verbal and written is essential.
- Defensive driving certificate will be an added advantage
The Driver will report to the Administrative Assistant in the PFU, Ministry of Gender, Sports, Youth, Arts, Culture and Social Development.
6. Period of Assignment
The incumbent will be based in Maseru, Ministry of Gender, Sports, Youth, Arts, Culture and Social Development (MGSYACSD) offices. The assignment shall be for a period of twelve (12) months renewable upon satisfactory performance and funds availability.
Salaries and benefits are market related. [Logistics arrangements, office space, internet services, or transport arrangements…etc. may be provided by the Client, if applicable]
8. Arrangement Process
The position will be based in Maseru, at the Ministry of Gender, Youth, Sports, Arts, Culture and Social Development offices, but with extensive driving to all the districts and community councils, as needed.
1. Selection Arrangement Selection of the position holder, Individual Consultant, will be in accordance with the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for ICs. Interested candidates must send a letter of expression of interest and suitability for the position as well as a Curriculum Vitae, in English and two reference letters, before 16:30pm on 27/03/2023 to the following addresses:
Ministry of Gender, Youth, Sports, Culture and Social Development
P.O. Box A222
Tel: (+266 27003549 Email [email protected] copy to [email protected]
Qualified persons with disabilities and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications can be hand delivered or emailed and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.