Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a DRIVER in Maseru, Lesotho. Reporting to the Fleet Officer:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life. CRS has been operating in Lesotho since 2003, helping alleviate the suffering of the needy in different areas. Our current programming portfolio in Lesotho focuses on reducing transmission and impact of HIV & AIDS, responding to emergencies, improving livelihoods, and strengthening early childhood development. To achieve all these CRS works with over a half dozen local implementing partners of different capacities.
The position exists to support operational effectiveness by driving CRS staff and visitors, undertaking errands and messages, and in transporting materials and/or commodities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Drive CRS vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with the law and the police in order to protect the lives of CRS staff, others riding in CRS vehicles, persons on foot and in other vehicles in the area of operation, and to protect the personal of CRS;
- Provide support to CRS staff and visitors in transporting materials in Lesotho and project site, including unloading CRS vehicles as required. The driver may be required to drive CRS staff to projects for long periods
- Deliver and pick up materials and documents at offices and businesses in Maseru and elsewhere as required by CRS staff and visitors, under the direction of the Fleet Officer
- Ensure that all CRS vehicles are in clean and safe operating conditions at all times, reporting any maintenance problems to the Fleet Officer. This minimizes disruptions to work processes caused by vehicle breakdown.
- Complete periodic vehicle maintenance checks as established by the office;
- Understand the operation and maintenance requirements of all CRS vehicles so as to be able to operate safely any of them, as required;
- High school certificate, valid Code B driver’s licence.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience, preferably with an international NGO,
- Defensive Driving
- Willing to travel and be absent from home for long periods
Required Languages – English and Sesotho
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 26th February 2020 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: DRIVER CRS LS. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.