The Mission of WHO is the Attainment of the highest possible level of health by all people.
Duty Station: WHO, Lesotho
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Vacancy Notice No.: 2309639
Deadline of Applications: 20 November 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Basotho candidates for the position of A Driver in the WHO Country Office – Lesotho.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Operations Assistant, the incumbent performs the following duties:-
- Drives the head of the Office (WR) and other high ranking Officials;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities;
- Collects and delivers mail and other official communications from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires and ensures that vehicle is kept clean and is in good running condition at all the times;
- Maintains log book for official travel, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes etc;6. Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Collects transport requests from all technical staff and assists in assigning drivers for duties on demand and in planning for stand by drivers;
- Organize exceptional transport requests received outside normal office hours in the absence of supervisor;
- Keeps updated records of vehicles inventory, monthly control sheets of fuel consumption for each vehicle and the mileage run by each official vehicle;
- Controls regularly insurance certificate of each vehicle and assist in renewing it;
- Organize with the garage for the maintenance, servicing of official vehicles and reviewing status of first aid kits;
- Type correspondence related to transport; Assist in photocopying and binding of documents;
- Inspect all vehicles on a regular and at random basis for cleanliness, accuracy of mileage recording and general state;
- Be the responsible officer for all the office and project vehicles;
- Performs other duties whenever required based on clearance from WR.
Essential: At least Junior Secondary School education and a valid driver’s license of the country
Essential: At least four years driving experience as a driver and a safe driving record.
Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage
- Driving rules and regulations of the country;
- Familiarity with office procedures and transport needs of the office;
- Knowledge of driver courtesies;
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the official working languages and ability to write concise and faithful reports of accidents, when applicable.
Applications are to be submitted online at WHO’s Recruitment website:
The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Only short-listed Candidates will be acknowledged.
Any appointment /extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Rules, and Procedures.
WHO is a tobacco-free environment
The candidate should have no history of sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment, and bullying.