Hiring Agency: U.S. Embassy Maseru
– Keeps vehicle fleet in serviceable condition. Performs minor preventive maintenance.
– Checks fuel and fluid levels, air pressure and general condition of vehicles on a daily basis.
– Checks dispatch schedule regularly for appointments.
– Submits detailed condition report for each vehicle (brake, lights, tires, steering, shocks, etc)
– Operates passenger vehicles in accordance with Management policy.
– Completes trips tickets and other daily vehicle records and fills in appropriate forms.
– Occasionally operates 3.5ton truck in town, surrounding areas, and neighboring RSA areas to transport equipment, supplies and furniture.
– Supervises the washing and cleaning of vehicles by casual laborers as required.
– Delivers and picks up official documents, invitations, invoices, correspondence and pays bills in Maseru and surrounding areas including neighboring RSA.
– Collects mail from Post Office daily and assists in sorting and distributing mail.
– Assists in obtaining bridge passes from South African border post.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of chauffeur or other appropriate driving experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be familiar with local traffic laws. Low level office clerical experience is required.Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license appropriate to vehicle (s) operated.
LANGUAGE: Minimum Level 2 English for speaking/reading is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have a valid drivers’ license appropriate to vehicle (s) operated. Must know how to operate photocopying machine.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Closing date: 21 February 2020