Driver (ECHO DRR III Project)
Duration: Fixed contract: 2 years
Purpose of the Position:
To provide effective logistics support to the Project, enhance transport services and provide a wide range of expedient support services for the Project. To ensure that all errands are carried out in timely manner
• Provide efficient transport facilitation & administrative support
• Vehicle Management
• Others responsibilities as requested
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience. The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A COSC certificate with valid driver’s license with at least (3) years driving experience of 4×4 vehicles, highland driving and safe driving record;
• Mental qualities – Intelligent, analytical, mental alertness and a quick decision maker, able to balance work and leisure.
• Skill or talents – proactive, self-driven and result oriented individual with basic knowledge of Motor vehicle mechanics and computer literate.
• Personality & temperaments – placid, honest & reliable individual who is a good team player with the ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of Child rights and child protection.
• Good knowledge of the country routes.
• Additional training in defensive driving is an added advantage
• Ability to communicate in both English and Sesotho
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: 90% field based
• Travel: Domestic travel is required.
• On call: Yes
Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following link ONLY: [email protected]
Closing date: 13th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.