DRILLING ASSISTANTS VACANCIES (PATERSON BAND BL)
Letšeng seeks to engage qualified professionals with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill three positions of DRILLING ASSISTANTS (PATERSON BAND BL).
To support the core drilling crew by undertaking the tasks required to ensure optimal operations.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Towing the drill rig in and out of the mining pits and assisting with the rig set-up
• Transporting a variety of drilling equipment including drilling rods and spares and other support items to the drilling site
• Maintaining a constant supply of water with an over 5000 litre-capacity water tank to the drilling site
• Collecting food packs for the drilling crew from the kitchen to the drilling site
• Conducting daily inspections of the truck and all mobile equipment being used, ensuring that all remain safe and efficient to use at all times
• Maintaining daily truck inspection records
• Assisting the drilling crew with other daily drilling duties as required
• Adhering to Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) standards at all times
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Cambridge Overseas School Certificate (COSC)
• Code 14 driver’s license with at least two years and a trackable and clean record of use. Code 10 (in place of Code 14) driver’s license may be considered where the candidate has a proven record of driving excellence
• Ability to safely tow, manoeuvre and drive in reverse a trailer weighing 7 tons and other items such as an over 5000 litre-capacity water tank, a lighting plant and mobile toilet in steep inclines and declines and around switchbacks
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Must be fit to perform physical activities that require use of arms and legs
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively (in Sesotho/English)
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to maintain good working relations with personnel from the mining contractor
• Be responsive to instructions
• Candidates will be required to undergo a Medical Examination of fitness as per requirements
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Nine Months Fixed Term Contract
Interested candidates should submit their applications, CVs and highest qualifications obtained to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 4 April 2021
DISCLAIMER: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
NOTE: All applications should bear the reference i95/259/DRASS on the email subject.