Under the supervision of the DREAMS Technical Advisor, Provincial Manager will be responsible for leading the coordination, design, implementation and management of DREAMS Safe spaces mentoring program and linkages to the DREAMS Core package of services. This initiative is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), as part of the (CDS) program.
Training and Project Management
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with PEPFAR Partners and other provincial critical stakeholders.
• Review, adopt and modify YouthPower Mentoring Toolkit curriculum, materials and job aids and other relevant training materials needed to develop the capacity of District Coordinators and Safe Space Mentors.
• Conduct Training of Mentors using the YouthPower Mentoring Toolkit Curriculum
• Supportive supervision for District Coordinators
• Responsible for coordination of provincial implementation activities
• Reporting on progress, issues, challenges and local risk management
• Compile routine and ad hoc reports for Technical Advisor Social Asset Building
• Coordinate monitor and support District Coordinators to ensure quality assurance.
• Track, analyse and manage periodic target achievements and curricula rollout on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Collaborate with the data analyst and SI Officer on performance results analysis, visualization and reporting.
• Undertake periodic data-driven periodic program reviews and trouble shoot as necessary.
• Collaborate with SI Officer on closing of identified data irregularities and gaps.
• Consolidate, analyse and share progress through routine trackers.
• Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g., trackers, work plans, agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
• Coordinate on-site support and technical assistance to review progress, learn best-practices, identify issues, challenges and strengthen program tracking and deliverables.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports
Required Qualifications, Experience/Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in social sciences, health, human development, or
• At least 5-8 years’ project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of capacity building and training.
• Experience managing, supervising and building the capacity of staff.
• Experience in developing QA/QI Plans
• Ability to represent FHI 360 to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other local languages including excellent presentation, training and report writing skills.
• Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
• Well-developed computer skills
• Valid South African driver’s licence
• Eligibility to work in South Africa.
• 40 -50% travel time
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.