Main purpose of the job – To provide technical assistance and support to the MOH, District Health Management Team (DHMT) and partners, with a focus on strengthening implementation and acceleration of widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccinations within the designated District under the ADAPT Covid-19.
- Establish strong working relationships with USAID, MOH, DHMTs, Government Departments, implementing partners, traditional and local community leaders to facilitate ADAPT implementation
- Support strengthening of District Technical Working Groups (TWGs) with focused work streams, including strategic information, supply chain, pharmacovigilance and demand creation
- Support partner and stakeholder coordination, subnational resource mapping and collaboration
- Participate and represent ADAPT at all stakeholder meetings
- Provide direct support to the MOH and DHMTs in the development, updating and implementation of COVID-19 vaccine district micro-plans
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure information on Covid-19 risk, vaccines, adverse events and infection prevention are clearly understood by healthcare workers and communities
- Support the design, implementation and evaluation of RTCL COVID-19 vaccination field programs
- Support implementing partners to develop Direct Service Delivery (DSD) project plans
- Manage deliverables according to project plans
- Provide management and oversight of DSD implementing teams
- Ensure constant feedback to staff
- Manage and ensure adequate staff performance
- Keep staff morale high and take steps to improve retention
- Submit regular reports (weekly, monthly and quarterly) on project activities to the line manager
- Present regular reports to MoH, DHMT, Government Departments and partner Forums
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develops well-informed advice and strategies that are sensitive to the various needs of multiple stakeholders and partners and reflect the strategic direction of the ADAPT program
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma/ Degree in Nursing or Degree in Public Health
- 5 years’ experience leading health programs at district level
- 5 years’ partner relationship management experience
Desirable Required Qualifications and Experience
- MBChB /Health Sciences/Public Health Degree
- 7 years plus experience with district or national level health care programs management and stakeholder/ relationship management.
Technical and Behavioural competencies
- Planning & Organising
- Results focus
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Attention to detail
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
To protect employees and their families from contracting and spreading COVID-19 Right to Care has adopted the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Consequently, all successful applicants are required to provide proof of vaccination.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity employer. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Candidates who meet the above criteria must submit their CVs and educational qualifications to [email protected] on or before 23 November 2022.