KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment, and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo Ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified local candidates to fill in the following positions available under Karabo Ea Bophelo Project on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Based in Mokhotlong
Duties and Responsibilities
The District Manager will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of KB projects assigned including project implementation and programming relationships with implementing partners and other stakeholders in the districts. This position will also require an active role in mentoring project and partner staff.
Key Performance Areas:
Key performance areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of multiple activities, including activities and results and scheduling.
- Plan a realistic implementation schedule in coordination with program & program support (finance, procurement, HR, etc) staff.
- Set benchmarks and goals as well as procedures for monitoring progress toward them.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of project results. Uses collaborative to review data, reach agreement about findings, and apply learning and recommendations
- Ensure that all project reports are written and distributed in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with donor agreements and requirements including reporting, budgets, and project results.
- Keep abreast of best practices, particularly in areas related to their assigned projects.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Degree in a Social Work, or any related qualification.
- Advanced computer literacy skills;
- 8 years of experience in programs targeting orphans and vulnerable children and/or adolescent girls strongly preferred;
- Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to OVC and DREAMS partners.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 12th August 2022. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified. Detailed job description can be obtained from https://baylorlesotho.org/jobs/
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.