Reports to: HMIS Specialist
Number of positions: Six (6)
Location: At different District Health Office, Lesotho
Overall Job Function:
District HIS Officer will contribute to ICAP’s effort to build capacity of Ministry of Health (MOH) in strengthening Health Information System (HMIS) at district and facility levels. He/she will assist in building capacity of District Health Management Team (DHMT) in the implementation of OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS 2 and other health information systems. He/she will provide direct technical assistance (TA) to build facility level systems user’s capacity through training and mentorship. The incumbent will also provide TA in troubleshooting and maintenance of hardware used for OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS 2 and other systems implementation at DHMTs and facility levels.
In accordance with MOH HMIS operational plans and working hand in hand with the DHMT HMIS team, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to the following:
• Strengthen capacity of DHMT through tailored mentorship and skill transfer in implementation of OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS 2 and other health information systems
• Work closely with DHMT and provide TA in the training and mentorship of OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS 2 and other health information systems users at facility level
• Work closely with DHMT and provide TA to strengthen effort in ensuring quality of data collected through OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS 2 and other health information systems
• Provide TA on the management; maintenance and troubleshooting of devices used for OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS 2 and other health information systems implementation at
district and facility level.
• Document additional information needs of system users at DHMT and facility level and share with developers for further customization of OpenMRS electronic register, DHIS2 and other health information systems
• Work closely with system developers and contribute to the updating of standard operating procedures, data management manual, systems maintenance procedures, data quality assessment and other relevant documents through sharing lessons from field
• Work closely with system developers and assist in updating training curriculum and training materials for district and facility level users training;
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in health informatics or related discipline (information technology, computer science, statistics, health informatics, public health, etc.)
• Must have minimum of 1 year related experience
• Ability to work and learn from a team of technical experts with varied background; health information system developer, health care service providers, etc.)
• Ability to work with stakeholders, including leaders, technical professionals, and government and non-government representatives
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability and attention to detail
• Good computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office package software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and open source software
• The positions will requires frequent travel (more than 75%) to various districts and health facilities within Lesotho.
The positions will require travel (up to 25%) to various districts and health facilities within Lesotho.
• Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via ICAP career page –
https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/ on or before September 25,2020 at 12:00 noon.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.