KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (KARABO EA BOPHELO) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea. Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. These positions are based in Maseru.
KARABO EA BOPHELO – BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the below position on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Position: District Educational Bursaries Coordinator x 1 Thaba Tseka
The District Educational Bursaries Coordinator will directly report to Education Specialist. They will be responsible for overall coordination of educational activities in the district. The position is based in Thaba -Tseka district of Lesotho.
Key Performance Areas:
- To coordinate and supervise the KB project education team (Field supervisor and Educational Mentors) during implementation of all education activities at the district level.
- To offer technical support to all KB project education team at both district and community level
- To liaise with all stakeholders like MoET and MoSD for collaboration and networking at district and Community Councils level.
- To consolidate all Monthly and Quarterly reports from the Field Supervisors and submit them to The Education Specialist.
- Monitor and support the implementation of all KB education activities by conducting regular site visit at twice in a month.
- He/she shall offer guidance and mentorship to Field Supervisor to ensure effective implement of education activities as planned.
- To ensure development and implementation of weekly or Monthly plans with Field Supervisors for effective implementation of all educational Activities.
- To represent KB education component in all education related forums at district level.
- Submit timely and monthly narrative reports including success stories to the Education Specialist for reporting purpose.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Education
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in education setting desired
- Some basic computer courses preferred
- Problem-solving and communications skills are essential
- Experience with dealing with community groups will be added advantage
- Dealing with community groups will be added advantage
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 16th April 2021. Please quote the position you are applying for on the subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.