Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Lesotho (BCMCF-L) invites applications from suitable candidates for the following positions. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to BCMCF-L Maseru, on or before Wednesday the 18thSeptember 2019 at 5 pm.
Post: District Data Manager
Based in ButhaButhe and Mokhotlong
The District Data Manager will support the strengthening of M&E activities at the district level, working in liaison with District Health Information Officers, District AIDS Officer, and District TB/HIV Coordinators.
- Conduct mentorship and supportive supervision of health care workers and data clerks in health facilities on data recording in the Ministry of Health registers and report generation
- Support the district to set health facility targets on key program indicators
- Coordinate district performance reviews both with the District Health Management Team and for the health facilities
- Ensure availability of data recording and reporting tools in health facilities and support health facilities to record, aggregate and maintain quality data and use for continuous improvement of service delivery
- Support health facilities to ensure that monthly reports are submitted on time to the District HMIS Office and maintain a tracking system for reports submitted.
- Support routine data quality assessment activities in the districts
- Be part of the facilitation team in M&E/HMIS trainings conducted at district level
- Data collection and reporting of program performance activities and progress against set targets in the district
- Support facilities in preparation for USAID SIMS visits
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, demography, statistics, monitoring & evaluation, or related subject.
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience in data collection, compilation, analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in the Lesotho health systems, particularly HIV and TB systems
- Excellent knowledge of Lesotho health information system required
- Previous experience working with the MOH is advantageous
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft excel
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS or STATA