LRCS is currently engaged in the Covid 19 pandemic as a result the suitable candidates are urged to apply for temporary engagement for the below positions:
Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience x 1
Expected duration of Assignment: 4 months
• Collect and organise all field supervision weekly/monthly reports and progress, and pass on to the line supervisor.
• DRR and Resilience supports intern will support the implementation and reporting of the disaster preparedness and risk reduction activities.
• Contribute to the production of timely project proposals and concepts paper, reports (narrative) – monthly, intermediate, and final reports to the LRCS.
University degree/diploma in Disaster Management or related field.
Knowledge, skills and Competencies
• Knowledgeable about disaster management, climate change issues, disaster database and statistics;
• Proven track record in planning and coordinating various stakeholders;
• Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
• Have an experience in Community Based activity in Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRR) and/or environment will be an asset.
• Worked in humanitarian field project
• Team management, training and facilitation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, good records with the DRR key national institutions.
Closing Date for all applications is Friday July 24th, 2020, 12h00. Interested candidates should NOT hand deliver but send their applications in an attachment format to [email protected] or [email protected] , covering letter and curriculum vitae written in size 12 fond and not more than 4 pages long, and no copy of certificates for now addressed to the Human Resources and Admin Manager, Lesotho Red Cross Society, Red Cross House, Private Bag A 205, Maseru 100.
TAKE NOTE THAT THIS IS FOR INTERNAL AND LRCS VOLUNTEERS ARE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR.