The Lesotho Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) invites applications from suitably qualified Candidates for the following position:
Job Title : Director Operations and Maintenance
Reports to : Chief Executive
Direct the production of potable water to meet the effective demand within the service territory of WASCO and also ensure that the quality of potable water adheres to the set quality standards at all times.
- Ensure that the Division is always developing and maintaining knowledge of water reticulation systems for all the urban centres in order to attain optimal pressures, minimum losses and utilize lowest energy through proper zoning and utilisation of the Network models.
- Ensure constant supply of potable water, at adequate pressures, with minimum interruption and losses at all times, within the service territory of WASCO.
- Direct the Division towards an efficient & effective collection of waste water, it’s pumping and conveyance to the Waste Water Treatment Plants and its treatment prior to its safe disposal into the environment.
- Ensure that the quality of the treated wastewater meets the recommended set standards prior to disposal into the environment, and the disposal is carried out in an environmentally friendly and acceptable manner.
- Ensure that all types of maintenance of water and sewerage network, pumping stations and all Treatment Plants are carried as specified in the operations and maintenance manuals.
- Ensure that staff adhere to both environmental and health and safety standards when discharging operations and maintenance duties at all times
- Ensure that the analytical methods for the examination of potable water and effluent are developed and implemented in conformity to the set National or International Standards.
- Advise and recommend on the need for Distribution Networks Rehabilitation and expansion in all the areas of water supply of WASCO.
- Oversee repairs of pipe bursts and leakages and ensure that they are performed timeously as per WASCO policies and the set service level agreements.
- Develop and review operational plans for the division to facilitate implementation of the Annual Business Plan.
- Coordinate and integrate divisional activities in order to achieve synergies and efficiencies of divisional activities.
- Develop, review and update all operational and maintenance policies and procedures and establish systems to enhance management and delivery of work in the division.
- Provide leadership and management to the Division by setting clear goals and direction for the Division.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering plus Post Graduate Degree in Business Administration/any Engineering Discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar role at a managerial level, three (3) of which should be at senior management level.
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Strategic Leadership Capability and Decision-Making
- Risk Management and Organisational Governance
- Strategic Financial Management
- Client Orientation and Customer Focus
- People Leadership and Empowerment
- Change Management
- Strategic Communication
- Environmental and Health and Safety consciousness
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send an application letter, a detailed CV, names of two Referees and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts to:
The Director Human Resource
Water and Sewerage Company (PTY) Ltd
P.O. Box 426
The closing date for submissions of applications is 27th July, 2018.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be directed to short-listed candidates only.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by WASCO.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- WASCO reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.