Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Conservation International is seeking an experienced talent acquisition and recruiting leader with demonstrated success in setting a vision and executing a road map for global talent acquisition to join our team. The Director of Global Recruiting and Talent Acquisition will manage the full cycle recruitment process for critical CI job opportunities around the world, ensuring a compliant, inclusive, and candidate-centered experience. The successful candidate will prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and leverage best practices to create a diverse global network of talent. This position will collaborate with senior management and colleagues to lead key recruiting opportunities and identify, interview, and hire top-caliber talent. This position will report to the Chief People Officer and will work closely with Global HR and CI programs.
The selected candidate will be fluent in all areas of recruiting and talent acquisition including sourcing techniques, employer brand design and management, social media and digital marketing strategies, and managing and leveraging data to create and adjust recruiting strategies. This individual must be passionate about learning about CI’s mission, strategy, and workforce needs, energized by engaging with individuals at all levels of the organization in 27+ countries around the world, and willing to bring their unique contribution to support the mission of our organization.
This position may be based in any CI office around the world. The selected candidate must be able to work alternative hours as needed to lead on recruiting activities to support a global organization.
- Partner with Global HR and CI programs to establish and execute on the short-term and long-term vision for hiring and growth as well as current and future hiring needs
- Develop a global recruitment strategy that is aligned with our strategic priorities, increasing quality of hires, diversity of applicants and hires, improved candidate experience, and decreased time to fill
- Grow and cultivate a network of professional contacts to help identify and source a diverse talent pipeline and applicant pool
- Provide direct sourcing support to engage, assess, and secure talent for current and future searches
- Develop an employer brand and digital marketing presence in partnership with CI’s Brand and Communications team
- Lead select global recruitments, including executive and leadership searches, ensuring a thoughtful candidate focused experience ensure that individuals are engaged, sold, and excited
- Create and deliver standing and on-demand training and capacity building on all aspects of recruiting, interviewing, negotiating, and onboarding
- Provide advice and guidance to hiring managers at all stages of the recruitment process, assuring compliance with CI policies and local regulations
- Manage and optimize CI’s applicant tracking system to streamline recruiting and improve candidate and hiring manager experiences
- Produce recruiting reports and metrics for leadership awareness and decision-making and government required reporting purposes
- Develop and/or maintain other critical hiring support structures which may include CI’s standard job descriptions, evaluating a unique employee referral or employee ambassador program, and managing internship and volunteer programs
- Identify effective third-party search firms for unique recruitments
- Stay on top of new trends in the industry and marketplace and maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends
- Perform related duties as assigned
- This position may be based in any CI office
- Typical office environment
- Ability to work alternative hours to meet, consult and advise staff and candidates in multiple time zones
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in global talent acquisition or an equivalent combination
- Demonstrated expertise in utilizing all functions of an Applicant Tracking System, with experience in Taleo preferred
- Demonstrated success in identifying, engaging and pipeline building on a global scale
- Proven ability to provide partnership with leaders to create a winning people strategy and assist in the achievement of organizational objectives
- Proven ability to engage and collaborate with individuals across various disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds to achieve shared goals
- Proven ability to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced skills using MS Office, SharePoint, and other data-sharing systems.
- Establish a global network of candidates and sourcing opportunities and the ability to continuously build a network to source candidates
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques, tools, and methods
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese or French
- Experience in an international non-profit organization
- Background and/or experience in all facets of HR, including but not limited to the following: building benefits and compensation strategies, acquisition integration, program design and implementation, culture change, change management, employment issues and employee relations, organizational development, and training
To see and apply for all Conservation International Career Opportunities please click HERE