We have an outstanding opportunity for a Digital Content Officer in our Communications Division.
Reporting to the Digital Content Editor and working with colleagues across the Web team and wider Communications Division, the post-holder will be responsible for editing and producing multimedia content, co-ordinating social media content, and writing and editing content from existing material in a creative and engaging way. The post-holder will assist in managing the Commonwealth’s digital multimedia and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, in co-ordination with colleagues. This role is key to ensuring the relevance of the role and work of the Commonwealth Secretariat is clearly articulated and understood by a variety of audiences through the Commonwealth website www.thecommonwealth.org and social media.
To be considered, you will need to have a First degree or a degree level qualification in Internet and Web Technologies, Communications, Journalism, or similar, and at least four years’ relevant work experience preferably within an international development organisation or major website. You will need proven experience of planning, creating, editing and disseminating multimedia content, especially images and videos, as well as experience of social media management and engagement.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to upload and format content across the Secretariat’s website using the content management system as well as support where required on the website redesign and content migration project.
- Ability to drive the content and social media calendar, defining themes that raise the profile of the Commonwealth, and co-ordinating the delivery of all content, in collaboration with other members of the Communications Division.
- Proven ability to use adobe creative suite for multimedia editing and production, as well as content such as infographics and animations.
- Ability to manage and organise all website imagery via the Commonwealth’s digital asset library and multimedia drive, ensuring that all images used to represent the Commonwealth online are on-brand, tagged with meta data and optimised for online consumption via mobile and tablets.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and current SEO techniques, as well as relevant UX, accessibility and readability best practices, and web design knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience in working with sensitive political information, using good judgement around language, as well as working in a complex environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work and manage tight deadlines effectively.
- Experience of Drupal, multimedia equipment, Google Analytics, social media analytics and tools such as Hootsuite, monitoring media/issues identification and crisis communications is desirable.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 member governments and provides guidance on policymaking, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive and equitable development. To join us, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
If you feel that you are suitable for the role, please apply using the buttons below.